SDGs Hub of the University of Indonesia (UI) was officially launched on 29 April 2019 by the Minister of the National Development Planning Agency (Bappenas), Prof. Bambang Brodjonegoro, in Jakarta. SDGs Hub will serve as a hub for all activities and programs on sustainable development goals (SDGs) in University of Indonesia which covering economics, social, and environmental fields.
With the vision to become a centre of excellence that plays a significant role in achieving SDGs through science and education, SDGs Hub UI strive to the following missions:
- Strengthen partnership and collaboration with various stakeholders within the university and including other partners nationally and globally to take up initiatives and undertake activities for SDGs’ 2030 achievement;
- Underpin the integration of education and science along cross-sectorial study to cater consultation services, capacity building, and research work for public and private entities.
SDG’s Hub UI services and potential partnership include:
- Facilitation & consultation services for drafting RTRW, RDTR, RPJP, RPJM, Sectoral Strategic Planning (Restra per Sektor), Regional Planning, etc integrating with SDG framework
- Policy & institutional analysis
- Invention & innovation
- Investment risk & efficiency
- Partnership & collaboration
- Training & capacity building
SDGs Hub UI is also appointed as the main coordinator of UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) for Indonesia chapter in which the headquarter is based in Columbia University, New York. SDSN Indonesia was launched by the former President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono in 2013. The SDSN engages universities, research centres, and civil society organizations (CSOs) to undertake actions and contribute to the implementation of SDGs.
To know more, please visit: unsdsn.org/indonesia